Sunday, April 15, 2012

Four Hours of Freedom?

Oh My God, do I need a pick me up today! My eyes just won't stay open, my head feels like a ton of bricks and my body doesn't seem to be responding to my brain at all. And it's only Monday! I still have a whole week of early wake ups left.

Neel is at school for four hours now, the longest he's ever been away from me. At first, I didn't really know what to do with my time and spent most of it staring at the clock, counting the minutes that were left. I've completely forgotten how to have some 'me time' now. Which is why it really gets my goat when people now say,

"oh my god, four hours! What do you do for so long?" And,

"Lucky you! Now you've got so much time to yourself." Or,

"Enjoy your four hours off."

That last one was from my husband this morning.

First of all, thank you everyone for your concern for my "FREE TIME" and also for quanitifying it constantly and reminding me on every occassion that I now have so called "time off".

Seriously people, I've spent the past three years of my life obsessing about my child. I still do, more so now than ever before. I wake up in the morning for him and spend each and every hour of the day trying to make him happy, healthy and comfortable. When he is at school, I clean for him, plan his menu, his day and prepare for him coming home. I'm all about him!

I've spent sleepless nights working at the office, made some really lenghty presentations to some very difficult clients and I've survived some very nasty office politics. I did this for many years and I realised that as long as I could come home and distance myself from work, it was easy.

Being a stay at home mom is A LOT harder! I say this because I have experienced both worlds. Funnily though, I've never been so content in my life. I may not be bringing in the cheque, but I feel like I've found my calling even though on many, many occassions I find myself holding on to the little bit of sanity I have left.

The point I'm trying to make is that everybody gets some time to unwind at the end of the day. I haven't had that for over three years now. So, if I am getting my precious four hours, let me have it without having to hear from you how lucky I am to have it.

I definitely deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment