Friday, April 15, 2011

Battling The Bulge

Karisma Kapoor (or is it Kapur? I'd Google it but can't be bothered!), Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie....what do they have in common? For starters, they're all moms. They also gave birth around about the same time I did. The really annoying part? They all are super thin, probably thinner and fitter than they were before getting pregnant. And if that wasn't enough, J Lo and Jolie (huh, I never really noticed the similarity in their names before!) are mothers to twins!! I mean, is there no justice in this World? Here I am chasing Neel all over the house day in day out. I rarely get to finish a meal at leisure and usually I'm on my feet till the time that most normal people are tucked cosily in their beds...And I'm battling the bulge??? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE?

Never in my life have I had to worry about my weight. I even used to wear 'extra small' at some stores and during my study stint in the UK, I actually shopped in many children's departments. But, that was then and the reality of now is that waist down, I'm one big WOBBLE. That's something I just have to deal with. Forget about the gym or the treadmill. I'd probably drop dead of exhaustion if I did any more physical activity and I'm no glutten for punishment.

I have to confess though, it did cross my mind that perhaps this mid-rift bulge has its worth. Neel often uses it as a pillow. I guess god just made me cuddly enough for him! And a big hug to Nik for suggesting that I'm not fat, I just have some 'curves'. Beat that Jolie!

No comments:

Post a Comment